WSBB #54 - Laura Phelps-Stackhouse and Tony Ramos
Podcast: Westside Barbell Stories with Laura Phelps-Stackhouse and Tony Ramos
Learn from Laura Phelps-Stackhouse, holder of 5 all-time world records, and Tony Ramos, a professional powerlifter and loyal Westside Barbell member, as they share their experiences at Westside Barbell and the impact of the gym on their lives.
- Tony's start at Westside
- Tony's first meet at Westside
- Laura's start at Westside
- Tony's Party House
- What made Westside so special?
- Training people to break your own records?
- Tony & Westside
- Louie knew how to treat everyone
- How Westside helped Laura, how they motivated people
- Louie would test you in every way, perfect form, seated deadlifts
- Unique training moments, new forms of training, training to get stronger
- Origin of the 5x5s, the transition between crews, Louie led by example
- Circa max with chains
- Tony free squatting, meet stories
- Routine up to the bar, life stories
- Tony always had everyone's back, Tony & Louie
- Louie's network, Louie's numbers
- Final thoughts
Immerse yourself in the incredible stories of these two Westside Barbell legends and gain valuable insights into the world of powerlifting and the impact of Westside Barbell.