WSBB #70 - Dante Leon
Listen to accomplished Canadian grappler and Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Dante Leon as he shares insights on the rise of professional grappling, its training evolution, and the importance of strength training for BJJ athletes.
- The rise of professional grappling and its training evolution
- Coming from a small town
- How Dante is coached and being a student of strength
- The benefits of strength training, training general to be specific
- The advantages of being athletic and skillful
- The illusion of going "all out, all the time"
- Being an athlete and a coach, passing on information
- The path for a professional grappler
- Analyzing tape and the benefits of good information
- Bodybuilding and the pursuit of perfection of exercise execution
- What to avoid in strength and conditioning for BJJ
- From studying Westside to training at Westside
Gain valuable insights from Dante Leon's experiences and journey in professional grappling, as well as his approach to strength training and conditioning for BJJ athletes.