WSBB 71 - Bobby Kaleal
Westside Barbell Podcast - Bobby Kaleal: Award-Winning Performance Coach and Entrepreneur
Bobby Kaleal is an award-winning performance coach, entrepreneur, inventor, and keynote speaker who specializes in extracting greatness out of individuals, teams, and organizations. Drawing from his philosophy of Recognition, Educating, and Consistency (REC), Bobby helps individuals and companies reach their peak potential regardless of the situation.
He has presented to hundreds of small and large firms as well as top management teams on various topics, including resilience, how to stay motivated, and how to create performance metrics and goals. Bobby also owns 11 approved patents, including a sustainable, and scalable APP that uses AI and real-time biometrics to personalize exercise and therapy protocols.
In addition to being a serial entrepreneur, Bobby is well-known for his role as the performance coach for two-time UFC Heavyweight Champion, Stipe Miocic. Bobby is credited for contributing to much of Miocic’s success and has been featured in Men’s Health and ESPN The Magazine as well as countless other top publications. In addition to coaching professional athletes, Bobby served as the performance coach for the Mentor Ohio Police, and currently coaching the SPAN (Suburban Police Anti-Crime Network) SWAT Team, the Cleveland Ohio FBI, and the elite FBI Hostage Rescue Team in Quantico, Virginia.
Bobby received a bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training and Fitness Management from Baldwin Wallace University, and two master’s degrees in Exercise Science, and Sports Management and Administration from Cleveland State University. He is a CSCS and RSCC with the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Titleist Performance Specialist (Level II), and certified coach by USA Boxing (Level II).
- 00:00 intro
- 00:21 start
- 00:36 Being the director of performance at Spire
- 06:36 Bobby Kaleal's career journey
- 21:02 Cancer Patient Research
- 29:59 What is like working with MMA Athletes
- 38:14 biggest changes in the industry
- 44:26 the importance of Mentors
- 45:41 Working with Athletes, Working with Stipe
- 51:12 The Importance Of Being Open And Without Ego
- 58:12 working with an Athlete to benefit the Athlete
- 1:02:01 Knowing your value as a coach/how to charge in the private sector
- 1:07:12 developing your staff
- 1:09:42 exercises vs assessing weakness
- 1:13:51 handling athlete's losses
- 1:17:11 where Tom and Bobby see technology and the industry will go in the future
- 1:28:28 You want to create Assets/training kids
- 1:35:45 Bobby's question for his dream interview / outro