Science of Sports Training
Use the sports training know-how of Eastern European and other internationally known training specialists to improve your speed, strength, power, endurance, coordination, and flexibility, as well as technical and tactical skills, while avoiding overtraining and injuries.
Science of Sports Training by Thomas Kurz will show you how to:
- Apply time- and energy-saving methods in your training.
- Master your techniques faster, react quicker, last longer, and prevent injuries.
- Improve your speed, strength, endurance, and coordination.
- Integrate physical training with mental training.
- Learn how and when to apply means of recovery.
- Learn how to integrate nutrition with training for best results.
- Learn how to plan and control sports training from workout to workout, week to week, month to month, and year to year so as to get the best results with minimum time and energy expenditure.
The principles and methods explained in this book are illustrated by examples from several sport disciplines (track and field, swimming, boxing, wrestling, gymnastics, and ball games), and are easily applied in every sport. Examples are presented in such a way as to make it easy to apply the conclusions to any other sport.